The updated guidance is for people, including the self-employed, who carry out work on or near electrical equipment. It includes advice on safe working practices for managers and supervisors who control or influence the design, specification, selection, installation, commissioning, maintenance or operation of electrical equipment.
In particular, the guidance provides information on:
- correct selection and use of equipment;
- actions for managers and supervisors;
- assessing safe working practices;
- deciding whether to work dead or live;
- actions common to both dead and live working;
- working dead;
- working live.